Ganesha: God of prosperity and wealth
Good Health, Prosperity, and happiness are the three main components of a peaceful life. Lord Ganesh among the various powerful Hindu Gods is said to be the god of prosperity and wealth. Lord Ganesha is believed to bring good luck and thus he is worshipped before anything new is started. Ganesh idols and statues are of great significance to people around the world. Apart from devotees, art collectors love the Ganesh paintings and idols of Lord Ganesh as well. Lord Ganesh artwork is always in a demand around the world.
Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvathi are father and mother of Lord Ganesh. He is the brother of Lord Karthikeya. He is known by many different names such as Vinayaka, Pillayar, Lambodara, etc. Lord Ganesh worship regularly wards off negative energy from one’s home and life, while worshipping him before starting something new keeps obstacles out of one’s path. Lord Ganesh brings success, prosperity and good luck into one’s life, If pleased.
Different types of Lord Ganesh idol
Different types of Lord Ganesh idols have different connotations and have different effects in your life. In total there are 32 different types of representations of Lord Ganesh.
- Silver Ganesh: Placing an idol of Lord Ganesh made out of silver in your house and worshipping it regularly, helps bring fame to you.
- Wood Ganesh: A Lord Ganesh statue made out of wood if placed in your house and worshipped regularly would help in bringing good health, long life, and success to the worshippers.
- Clay Ganesh: Worshipping an idol of Lord Ganesh made out of clay can be very much of help in bringing success to the worshipper and it will also helps him/her to steer clear of the obstacles in his/her path.
- Brass Ganesh: An idol of Lord Ganesh made out of brass if kept in the house and worshipped regularly brings immense prosperity and joy to the people concerned.
Rules for buying and placing a Lord Ganesh statue in home.
The following points must be kept in mind while placing a Lord Ganesh idol in the home.
- Buy a Lord Ganesh idol only if you can worship it regularly without any interruptions.
- Make sure the idol that you buy, isn’t taller than 18 cms.
- Do not buy an idol with its trunk on the right side, because such idols have a very specific way worshipping.
- It should not be placed in a way that Ganesh’s face is towards the entrance of the house while the back is towards the rest of the house.
- It should not be kept inside a bedroom.
- It should not be kept under the staircase.